The Governing Body has a statutory responsibility to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the school and its curriculum. The responsibilities of the governing body can be summarised as providing strategic management, providing support and challenge and ensuring accountability.Specific responsibilities include:
- Promoting, monitoring and evaluating the standards of education and achievement
- Planning the school's long-term future
- Setting the school's aims and values
- Appointing senior staff, including the Headteacher
- Budgetary allocation and control
The day-to-day management of the school is the responsibility of the Headteacher. As Severn Beach is an Academy, the Governing Body is accountable to the Board of the Castle School Educational Trust Board (CSET).
Who are the Governors at Severn Beach?
The Chair of the Governing Body is Ms Rhona Allgood, who can be contacted via Marlwood School, Vattingstone Lane, Alveston, Bristol, BS35 3LA or click here to contact via e-mail.
Click here for Parent Governor Nomination Form